Monday, December 8, 2008

Our Big VACATION!!



Ok, so I have to apologize for the long time between posts but we went on a well-needed vacation!!  It was BUSY!  First, we drove 17 hours to Amarillo, TX.  John's parents were awesome enough to watch our puppy dogs while we galavanted around the country.  While in Amarillo, I got to see John's childhood house and HS. We also went hiking with John's mom in Palo Duro Canyon.  Then we jetted off to NY to my family's home, where I showed John the obligatory "sights" of my childhood.  The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade,  a Thanksgiving dinner of our own, my 10 year HS reunion, and traveling New England kept us busy.  After all that, we headed back to Amarillo to spend some more time with John's family, collect the puppy dogs, and then drive back to SD. I think we need a vacation from our vacation!! We had a great time and it was great to see everyone!!


2 comments:

Chris said...

I'm glad you got a chance to see some of the not so flat landscapes around the plains of Texas. I'd love to visit the two of you sometime soon in SD. Till then, Happy Holidays!

Kelly said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS! I saw your blog on Alex and Nell's blog sight. Too cute! I like your blog name...seems fitting! :) Things here are grrrreat!!! We have a TON of snow and no signs of it letting up...love it! The kiddos are excited to have a white Christmas! Take care, Kelly